Death Rings of Jupiter
A downloadable game for Windows
Death Rings of Jupiter is a 2d retro bullet hell shooter, set in the dense asteroid fields that make up the rings of Jupiter.
It features original gameplay that mixes classic gravity games and platformers.
Hidden somewhere in the rings of Jupiter, there is treasure, and it's guarded by an infestation of alien monsters.
You steal a ship, fire up your percolator and set the controls for the epic gas giant.
While you dust off your trusty lasers, fear creeps into the back of your mind.
No one that has gone into the rings of Jupiter has ever returned.
Now available on Itch, a portable version of the game patched to the latest version 1.07. The game was originally released on Steam in December 2017. This version comes at a reduced price of $1 as it does not have Steam achievements.
- A Space survival bullet hell shooter. Mixing slow paced asteroid hopping with fast paced battles that can have hundreds of bullets and enemies on screen.
- Freeform gameplay where you choose your own path and discover strategic approaches to defeating the three bosses. Upgrade your character, visit shops, find chests and items.
- Retro pixel art graphics including 200 bizarre and colourful pixel art aliens that burst into pixels when they die. The feel of classic games but with smooth controls and a 60fps framerate.
- Be at home in empty space with a big sci-fi synth and drum soundtrack, by VI-RES. And wicked title and win screens by Illustrator Joyous Colley.
- Procedurally generated guns, enemies and levels in each run. Find weapons like double shot exploding sniper, rapid fire flaming quadshot and poisonous homing lasers!
- Inspired by classic games like Gravity Force, Exile, Soldat, and Abuse.
- This game is challenging, it comes with an in game tutorial and easy difficulty setting to ease you into the game.
- Built in auto-fire, no memory hacks required!
Find more music by Vi-Res at discocinematic.bandcamp.com
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.